Friday 29 June 2012

Random update.

Well I haven't posted on here for a while as I have been struggling to actually finish the posts I start (I have three or four half written posts sitting waiting for me to finish them).

The reason for this is a few things. Firstly, I have been suffering from a major case of cannotbearsedness. This is a serious condition that effects most people at some time in their lives. Secondly I am getting uber critical of my work and when I read it back I'm usually like "OMFG this sucks".

Lastly though, I am working on a new project. I am looking to (properly) start my youtube channel. I have at least one idea for a weekly show in mind which I am putting together the stuff for now. Due to lack of funds, I have had to do the graphics myself at the moment so they kinda suck. When I have some money, I will get the stuff done professionally. I have already contacted a designer, Mhorag Mcdougall, who I can't recommend enough. If you need any graphics work done, give her a shout.

Anyway, I digress. So the first show is going to be called "Looking Back" and will be me playing old games (usually with someone else). The first episode will be recorded with KK and is going to be Streets of Rage 2 on the Mega Drive. I was planning on using xsplit (which is an awesome piece of software if you want to stream) to record it but due to the fact that I can't then edit the video (due to Premier thinking that it's running at 1000FPS) I am currently working on a new recording setup which should give me much more control over the video. The good thing with this setup is that I can record it all then add the graphics after.

Once I have things going this will all be available on http://www.youtube.com/spikeylogic

I have a few more games/guests lined up but no point spoiling it all too soon.

I am sure I have mentioned it before but Monday nights are board game nights (or Man Night in the Man Cave as Lisa has come to name it). We are currently rotating through the few games we have but are adding more as funds will allow. Last week we played some Settlers of Catan, Zombie Dice and a few hands of Poker to close off the evening.

Settlers of Catan on "Man Night"

This week with any luck we will have Castle Panic (On a side note, Wil Wheaton, you need to be getting commission from the publishers of these. We got Zombie Dice and now Castle Panic after I saw them on Tabletop) and will be playing that. I am going to start trying to do bits of recording during the night. Nothing to the degree of Tabletop but something none the less.

Erm, what else has happened. Oh yeah.

Going to see Garbage at the Barrowlands in Glasgow next Wednesday. Utterly can't wait. I missed the opportunity to see them in 98... I think it was 98 (Just checked, it was 98). OK, story time.

I was at T in the Park with a group of friends. Garbage were playing the main stage but the friends I was with wanted to go see something else. Me having little self confidence at the time went with them rather than going to see what I wanted myself. I have regretted that to this day.

Back to now and Lisa is a huge Garbage fan as well so when the tickets for the show became available we jumped at them. I just hope I am going to have a voice left once this is over. And if you haven't you should check out their new album Not Your Kind Of People which is awesome.

Wow this went on a bit.

Well if you got this far, thanks for reading all that. If you aren't already, follow me on Twitter where I promise to try and post more often. If you enjoyed reading this, please share it with others and if you have any comments at all, please leave them in the section below.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment